The X400 Expansion Shield is a highly cost-effective audio hat which fits on the GPIO of the Raspberry Pi Model B+, Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. It uses i2S interface audio solution and supports 24-bit /192KHz high quality sound. It is compatible with other audio equipment via RCA lotus socket. It includes a built-in high fidelity headphone amplifier, where you can plug in a 3.5mm audio jack directly.
The shield has two digital amplifier output ports, up to 2 x30w speakers can be directly connected. Use this hat to make your Raspberry Pi in to a lossless audio player or a network radio. We recommend using an OS image such as Volumio, RuneAudio, PiMusicBox etc.
Note: Raspberry Pi is not included in the box.
- Input Voltage
- 6V to 24V DC converted to 5V, 3A via step-down DC/DC converter to power the Raspberry Pi
- Full-HD audio
- up to 24-bit/192kHz playback
- Class leading audio; 112db SNR, and THD of 0.0019%
- Audiophile TI Burr Brown 32-bit/384kHz DAC (TI PCM5122)
- Uses the digital I2S audio signals to reduce CPU load over USB audio solutions
- Integrated hardware volume control - Mute can be enabled / disabled via jumper
- Built in High quality audio headphone amplifier (TI TPA6133A)
- Earphone AMP can be enabled / disabled via jumper
- Built in high quality Class-D stereo audio amplifier (TI TPA3118D2)
- Up to 2 x 20W into 4 ohm
- AMP can be enabled/disabled via jumper
- Phono/RCA connectors
- 3.5mm stereo audio jack
- Speaker terminals
- Built in IR sensor (38KHz)
- Power output socket
- DIP switch to remove connection from RPi’s pin header
- Directly connected on top of the Raspberry Pi using the board GPIO header pins
- No wiring or soldering is required
- Pin mappings identical to 40-pin header of the R-Pi in order to support existing expansion boards
- Suitable for Raspberry Pi Model B+, 2 Model B and 3 Model B
- 85 x 56mm (Same footprint as Raspberry Pi)
Claim orders from Stores
You can claim your purchased items within 1 - 2 work days after making an order (if product is in local warehouse).
Please wait for an email notification regarding Your order status update.
Vilnius Store address: Vytenio g. 20, LT-03229 Vilnius, Lietuva
Kaunas Store address: Pramonės pr. 4D, LT-51329, Kaunas, Lietuva
Purchased items are delivered locally through Venipak service. Depending on availability of items, orders are processed within 1-3 work days. Orders made until 1AM are shipped the same day.
Local delivery (1-2 w.d.) price for items of any size is through through courier service is 4€ (incl. VAT).
Local delivery price to Omniva parcel terminals (1-3w.d.) is 3€ incl. VAT.
Payment on delivery +2€ (incl. VAT).
You can pay for the goods at the time of delivery to the courier in cash or by credit card. Payment to Omniva parcel terminals is only possible by bank card.
International delivery pricing through courier service
International shipping prices depend on geographic location:
Latvia - 5€ (incl. VAT)
Estonia - 6€ (incl. VAT)
other - negiotiated individually.
International delivery pricing to Omniva parcel terminals
Latvia - 4€ (incl. VAT)
Estonia - 5€ (incl. VAT)
We accept payments via PayPal for orders over 20€.
Paid orders of more than 30€ are shipped for free to Baltic countries.
Product availability status:
Vilnius Store In Stock - the product is at the store, Vytenio str. 20 in Vilnius and can be picked up / purchased the same day;
Kaunas Store In Stock - the product is at the store, Pramonės pr. 4D in Kaunas and can be picked up / purchased the same day;
Central Warehouse In Stock - In stock, product will be shipped in a short time 1-2 work days, there is no possibility to pickup on the spot;
1-2 work days - product will be shipped in a short time - 1-2 business days;
1-2 work days – we don’t have selected product in stock. Shipping time is only 1-2 work days;
3-5 work days – we don’t have selected product in stock. Shipping time is between 3-5 work days;
3-7 work days – we don’t have selected product in stock. Shipping time is between 3-7 work days;
Out of Stock – selected product is sold out at the moment, but you can apply for automatic alert by email when product will be in stock.