The HiFiBerry DAC/DAC+ is a high-resolution digital-to-analog converter for the Raspberry Pi. It’s available for every Raspberry Pi Model—just pick the right board that matches the motherboard you want to use.
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi—no additional power supply
- Ultra-low-noise voltage regulator for optimal audio performance
- Available with different output connectors: RCA or 3.5mm phone jack (DAC+ Light and Pro only available with RCA jacks)
For HiFiBerry DAC/ DAC+ standard and DAC+ pro:
- Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC for best sound quality (ESS instead of Burr-Brown on DAC+ Light)
- Hardware volume control—you can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls (not available on DAC+ Light)
For HiFiBerry DAC+ light/ DAC+ standard and DAC+ pro:
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi—no additional cables needed
- Comes as a pre-fabricated kit mounted in less than a minute—you just plug it onto the Raspberry Pi B+ (no soldering necessary)
- Compatible with all Raspberry Pi’s with the 40-pin connector (Raspberry Pi B+/2/3/Zero)
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration (not DAC+ Light)
- The board conforms to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification.
- Comes with all components required to mount it—the spacers are included when you buy the board