This is the Sunny Buddy, a maximum power point tracking (MPPT) solar charger for single-cell LiPo batteries. The output of the Sunny Buddy is intended to charge a single polymer lithium ion cell. The load should be connected in parallel with the battery. By default, the Sunny Buddy comes set to a maximum charge current of 450mA with a maximum recommended input of 20V (minimum 6V). It’s recommended that batteries not be charged at greater than their capacity rating; thus, the smallest battery that should be charged with the Sunny Buddy is 450mAh.
- Input voltage: 6 V to 20 V
- Maximum charging current: 450 mA
- Solder connector DC input
- Solder connector for miniJST with a lipo battery 3.7 V
- Built-in MPPT controller - LT3652