In order to meet the increasing need of Raspberry Pi compatible camera modules. The ArduCAM team now released a revision C add-on camera module which is fully compatible with official Raspberry Pi board. It optimizes the optical performance than the previous Pi cameras, and give user a much clear and sharp image. Also it provides the FREX and STROBE signals which can be used for multi-camera synchronize capture with proper camera driver firmware.
It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data. The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
The camera is connected to the BCM2835/BCM2836 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi.
Features & Specs:
- Lens holder: CS mount
- Max video resolution: 1080p
- Max frame rate: 30fps
- Still picture resolution: 2592 x 1944
- Integral IR filter
- OmniVision OV5647 sensor in a fixed-focus module with replaceable Lens
- The Camera Lens for Raspberry Pi Camera Board is LS-2717CS
- 15 cm flat ribbon cable to 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI) connector
- 1pcs Camera Board /w CS mount Lens(LS-2717CS) fully compatible with official Raspberry Pi Camera board
- 1pcs 15cm 15pin FPC cable